Category Manager - Home (Consumer Products)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Australia - Melbourne
Nov. 29, 2019
Opportunity OverviewPrimary Purpose of Position:
The Category Manager – Home is responsible for growing the Adult & Infant Home Category (Hardlines & Soflines) by driving Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) Australia/New Zealand revenue for all product lines within this category (including and not limited to Bedding & Home Furnishings, Craft/Stationery, Party, Dinnerware/Drinkware/Food Storage, Greetings, Gifting and Automotive). This position acts as the key Category authority and resource in Australia and New Zealand and exerts executive level influence on internal staff, licensees, retail buyers and key promotional partners – with enthusiasm, a spirit of collaboration and professionalism – to drive breakthrough results.
• Ensuring that each licensee (including DTR Licensees) can meet and exceed the terms of their contractual commitment with the Company.
• Ensuring that each licensee executes against all the terms of their contracts including marketing spend, demographic targets, financial reporting, retail activation and product development.
• Maximise retail distribution of Category products across key retailers
• Drive revenue and achieve quarterly and annual budget targets.
• Liaising with Global WBCP stakeholders to maximize business outcomes and revenue.
• Conducting quarterly business reviews with key licensees.
• Assessing potential new licensees on a systematic basis.
• Building relationships with retail category buyers to ensure product and promotional placement at retail.
• Building and executing Category plans for line of business and executing against approved plans to meet WBCP ANZ’s growth objectives.
• Regularly review WBCP Royalty Reports and Licensee Sales reports in order to achieve the business goals and strategies.
• Present current and new business opportunities to current and potential licensing partners with the support of the WBCP Retail and the Marketing department.
• Liaise with Marketing, Retail, Creative and Sales departments to ensure full alignment on all sales strategies and presentations.
• Maintain effective relationships with the key executives of WB locally and internationally. Build specific work relationships with category senior management in Burbank, appropriate executives at WBCP overseas offices and key global/overseas licensees to grow the business.
• Liaise with other divisions and departments to maximize synergies in the company as required.
• Be an integral, passionate and respectful member of the WBCP Team
• Licensing, Home + Gifting and/or Retail experience.
• Experience working in multi-national environments.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills with excellent professionalism and manner
• Strong organisational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to take initiative.
• • Must have strong oral & written communication skills.
• Must be able to interface professionally with department, licensees, retailers and all levels of management.
• Extensive knowledge of the Australian Home and Gifting market and the practices in dealing in the entertainment and/or license industry.
• Accurate sales forecast and planning skills.
• Responsible, accountable and results-oriented.
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative, work pro-actively and be results orientated.
• Strong decision making and problem-solving capabilities.
• Excellent attention to detail with high level of accuracy under pressure and an artistic eye.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle several business unit responsibilities.
• A strong team player who contributes to an environment that embraces constant change and innovation.