Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Dec. 02, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst for Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Financial Contracts Reporting & Administration Participations Department. The FCRA Participations Department handles contractual reporting to talent and co-production companies on all of Warner Bros. film, television, home entertainment, games, and new media libraries. It’s an exciting, fast paced organization that provides a unique opportunity to learn many aspects of the company---from production to initial film release through all downstream channels of distribution. FCRA provides excellent opportunities to learn the entertainment industry and offers a robust year-round training program.
The Financial Analyst position is responsible for preparing participations statements and reviewing and understanding contractual agreements--ensuring that all financial obligations are met. Additionally, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for enhancing departments systems and tools through involvement in system design and testing; and improving business processes.
- Preparing participations statements, leveraging a new state-of-the-art Participations system, WB’s enterprise SAP platform, existing tools, and analytical methodologies. Reading and understanding abstracts, legal agreements, and other related written documentation. Performing first level review of statements prepared by other Financial Analysts.
- Performing current and historical data analysis and verifying that reporting is in accordance with contractual agreements. The analysis work takes into consideration the windowing and release patterns of film/television/other product, distribution cost trends analysis, etc. Researching abnormalities using SAP and/or other line-of-business components to review underlying transactional activity.
- Supporting ad-hoc and special projects, including, but not limited to system testing.
- Attending technical and conceptual training sessions and cross-divisional forums as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (Finance, Accounting, Economics) and 1 to 2 years previous experience in a finance, accounting, auditing or IT environment a plus. Business analyst or financial analyst experience and public or private audit and/or consulting experience a plus. Participations and/or entertainment industry a plus and experience in a large corporate environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP vs. cash-based accounting principles a plus.
- Experience with system implementations and testing a plus.
- Strong to expert competency with MS Excel and Word required.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Must have ability for progressive responsibility/promotion within the organization.
- Must have strong mathematical and algebra skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to read and understand legal agreements.
- Must be able to adapt and learn new technology.
- Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
- Must be able to understand and communicate with operational, financial, IT and executive personnel.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks effectively, efficiently, with flexibility to changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a quick learner who is results-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.