Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Feb. 12, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Participations Lead for the FCRA Participations department. The Participations Lead is responsible for assisting the Manager, Participations in running the day-to-day operations of a dynamic team, focused on statement preparation, review and analysis within the Participations Department. This role reviews legal agreements and participation statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with contractual obligations. Along with the manager, the Lead is responsible for managing work flow and process improvement. A key component to success at the Lead level is team building, training, staff development, and empowerment.
Outside of their team function, the Lead is an important constituent in ongoing cross-divisional initiatives related to leadership development, system design and testing, knowledge sharing, soft skills training, mentorship opportunities, and special projects.
- Responsible for the review of participation statements for Theatrical, Television and Home Entertainment product. This process includes validating the deal set-up, ensuring the proper conversion of legacy system data, and confirming accuracy of all statement related information. Performs and/or supervises special projects, analysis and research (e.g. participant and auditor queries, etc.) including running and/or analyzing various reports from multiple systems and SAP. Also, interfaces with individuals in other departments to obtain information.
- Manage all aspects of team function including, but not limited to, teaching concepts and mechanics, scheduling work flow, assigning and monitoring team assignments.
- Identify improvements and enhancements related to FCRA’s participations system (aka Sylvester) and participate in design and testing. Create, standardize and improve business processes for statement preparation. Activities may include organizational research, process design, collaboration and negotiation to create efficient integration points, process documentation and change management implementation.
- Support special projects. Attend departmental meetings, cross-divisional forums and training sessions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- Minimum three years previous participations, accounting, audit or financial related experience required.
- Prior experience in participations environment preferred.
- Public or private audit and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Previous entertainment industry working experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles preferred.
- Experience with system implementations and testing preferred.
- Experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- Experience working with blended teams, including outsourced providers and multiple time zones, preferred.
- Must have ability for progressive responsibility/promotion within the organization.
- Must have strong competency in working with multiple systems, applications and SAP; must be willing to learn new IT applications.
- Very strong proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Very strong knowledge of mathematical concepts and algebra required.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including development, documentation, and delivery of training materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communications required.
- Training and presentation experience preferred; must be an effective presenter.
- Strong overall understanding of Participations, including ability to read and understand. digests and abstracts of legal agreements required.
- Very strong planning, organizational, time management and leadership skills required.
- Must be very flexible and able to adapt and lead in a team environment that is fast-paced and changing rapidly.
- Strong ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel and management within and outside the division (operational, financial, legal, IT, executive).
- Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
- Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and self-starter.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be very detail oriented, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be able to conceptualize and communicate solutions.
- Must be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.