Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Dec. 02, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division’s successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
We are currently seeking a Senior Auditor for Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc’s DCPUS Finance department. The Senior Auditor is responsible for executing domestic and international royalty contract audits of Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) licensees and international agents to ensure compliance with the agreements.
- Assisting with pre-audit planning and preparation by performing analysis of financial data to identify areas of audit risks.
- Analyzing complex licensing contracts, identifying financial terms and compliance points for audit.
- Customizing and developing dynamic data testing models to accommodate all levels of licensee reporting sophistication.
- Reviewing accuracy of licensee royalty reporting and payment histories.
- Performing audit interviews of licensees and/or agents to evaluate royalty reporting processes and financial environments.
- Documenting licensee process flows and system functionality as it relates to royalty reporting.
- Consistency with audit program, executing audit procedures and documenting findings for inclusion in draft audit reports. Assisting with resolution of any interpretive differences of contract terms.
- Assembling workpapers and presenting audit findings to management for review. Assisting with settlement of audit claims as needed.
- Assisting in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations detailing audit findings and business insights for internal review with Category, Legal and Finance teams.
- Performing other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business or related field and CPA required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance at Big 4 public accounting or internal audit experience required. Entertainment industry preferred.
- Financial analysis techniques and procedures required. Experience with international accounting, tax and business issues preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- PC Skills: Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons at all levels.
- Must be able to develop and implement projects; have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions; have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively; have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints; be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and be flexible as priorities shift.
- Fluency in Latin American or Asian foreign language strongly preferred (written and verbal).
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%