Director, Flagship Retail Operations (Harry Potter)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Retail/Store Operations/Tour Operations
United States - New York - New York
Jan. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. is the only Hollywood studio to possess and operate its own production facility in the UK following a £150 million-plus investment into the re-development and expansion of Leavesden Studios.
Since its launch in 2012, Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden has become the first choice of studio for many leading Directors. The facilities also service TV productions, commercials and music videos.
In addition to the studios, the site is also home to the award-winning visitor attraction, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter (Studio Tour). This is a behind-the-scenes walking tour and the only place in the world which features the authentic sets, costumes and props used in the Harry Potter film series. Visitors are invited to walk through the real Great Hall of Hogwarts, step onto the original Hogwarts Express, learn wand combat, ride a broomstick and taste Butterbeer.
Warner Bros. is continuing to expand and evolve with the opening of stores, in key cities globally. These stores will bring to life the magic for all Fans and Super Fans. Flagship Retail will deliver incredible product, service and environments in spaces that truly celebrate our unique brand. The first store will open in New York in Summer 2020, with further store locations to be announced.
Relevant Previous Work Experience
- Experience of traditional B+M retail. F+B and entertainment experience preferred.
- Experience of having worked in an environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product presentation and commercial management.
- Experience of overseeing multiple sites in same vicinity.
- Demonstrate people management including employee relations.
- Working with Point of Sales systems and Stock Management systems. Third party warehouse management experience preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience in global brand retail, flagship retail management experience strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Combination of education and related work experience required
- Multiple site manager experience preferred
- 8+ years demonstrated people management experience
- Experience of having worked in an environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product, presentation and commercial management
- POS/Stock management and 3rd party Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience in profitably managing an audio post production P&L highly desirable
- Managerial Financial literacy, skills, and experience essential.
- Proactive in constant revenue generating solutions
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to make constructive decisions in a moment’s notice during work hours and after hours
- Knowledge of new and emerging media business and technologies is desirable
- This role is full time (40 hours a week), working shifts. Due to the varied nature of a Flagship retail, regular weekend and evening work will be required, across a seven-day rotation. Because we never stand still, a high level of flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business. This can include working weekends, bank holidays, school holidays and late evenings, in rotation with other team members. In addition, international travel could be required as part of the role.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.