Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - Washington - Kirkland
Nov. 20, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewFor the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc. is seeking a World Artist. The World Artist is responsible for creating highly realistic world art assets of the highest quality. This person will work closely with the World Art team, the Lead World Artist and the Directors of Art to ensure that the aesthetic quality is kept at the highest bar across all content creation. The World Artist will be well versed in industry game engines, industry standard art tools, and will be responsible for coordinating with a team of artists in the completion of high quality environment content. Additionally, the World Artist is responsible for researching, developing, and recommending new art tech/design that pushes the studio's quality bar forward.
- Create high quality, highly realistic, industry leading environment art content that includes modeling, sculpting, texturing, and material development for props, architecture, geology and organic features.
- Create blockout geometry, establish layouts, apply set decoration and detailing.
- Collaborate with Design to ensure environment content supports game play.
- Ensure content is efficient and consistent with technical constraints.
- Actively participate in peer reviews, meetings, mentor other artists on team.
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 4+ year’s experience in the industry
- At least 1 published games preferably Xbox One or PS4 title.
- Experience with AAA open world game development a plus.
- At least 4+ year’s experience with industry standard 3D package (3DS Max and Maya). Max preferred.
- At least 2+ years of ZBrush and/or other digital sculpting tools.
- At least 5+ years experience with Photoshop and/or Painter.
- Excellent high and low resolution modeling and sculpting skills.
- Excellent understanding of geology, rock formations, terrain, and foliage.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of architectural styles with an ability to apply knowledge from historical references.
- Experience creating environments using modular systems.
- Strong understanding of foundation art fundamentals including; color theory, composition, internal/external silhouette, and value structures.
- Strong understanding of new gen shader technology with an ability to create a wide range of highly realistic materials.
- Must be able to embrace the established art vision of the game and ensure it is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
- Solid experience and understanding of art pipelines with experience in development for Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing technology with an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the environment art creation pipeline.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Excellent ability to self manage and accurately predict and adhere to task length estimates and deadlines.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both written and verbally.
- Portfolio/website/reel demonstrating fundamental foundation art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.