Feature Production Trainee
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Nov. 19, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a Feature Production Trainee for the Feature Production Trainee department. This person will learn, via exposure, the various facets of animation as well as Warner Bros. production policies and procedures. This person will also provide assistance to department executives and staff as directed.
- As directed by the EVP and other staff as appropriate, advises production personnel of charge numbers; explains petty cash procedures and assists with any other questions production personnel may have.
- As directed, disseminates information to various departments on the lot, including Music, Legal, Corporate Insurance, Business Affairs, Editorial and other, regarding feature production issues.
- Learns how to break down possible feature scripts and identify necessary elements. Becomes acquainted with special equipment, cash availability and any other requirements for complete script coverage.
- Observes and interacts with various production personnel to acquire a thorough understanding of all elements used in animation.
- Serves as back-up to the Executive Assistants, providing administrative support to the Theatrical Animation team as required (answers/places calls, responds to inquiries, prepares documents for review/signature, prepares reports, disseminates information, completes expense reports, etc.).
- Assists department heads and their assistants in assuring smooth work flow.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Education in film, communication or related field is strongly preferred.
- Approximately six months of animation experience as a production assistant or staff assistant is preferred.
- MAC proficiency.
- Photoshop and other graphic design programs preferred.
- Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
- Knowledge of report, letter, etc. format.
- Some experience in the entertainment field required.
- Be able to lift and carry at least 40 lbs or more.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Must have the ability to work under time constraints and be able to work over time as necessary.
- Must be well organized and have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to adapt to varied personalities associated with film production.