REACH Honorship - Animation/Hanna-Barbera - Summer 2020
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Dec. 06, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: Only high school seniors are eligible to apply. No other applications will be reviewed.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. is a global leader in all forms of entertainment across multiple platforms. A WarnerMedia Company, Warner Bros. is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games, product and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting. Warner Bros. is also home to one of the best and largest entertainment libraries in the world, consisting of more than 6,500 feature films and 40,000 television episodes.
Since 2006, Warner Bros. has awarded the Animation/Hanna-Barbera Honorship, an internship-scholarship package, to graduating high school seniors passionate about the business of animation. Warner Bros. has a long history of supporting youth enrichment, ranging from educational programs to mentoring relationships to career opportunities. Through the Warner Bros. Reach program, one outstanding student is awarded the Animation/Hanna-Barbera Honorship that includes a scholarship and four full-time paid internships at the company during four consecutive summers while enrolled in college. Successful Reach program graduates will be eligible for full-time positions at Warner Bros.
The Warner Bros. Animation/Hanna-Barbera Reach Honorship will be awarded to a graduating high school senior enrolling in a four year college or university to study animation. Each cash scholarship will be for $5,000, disbursed annually in equal amounts of $1,250 over four years. Applicants must have (1) a passion for a career in animation; (2) impressive drawing, sketching and/or animation skills; (3) effective verbal and written communication skills; and (3) a minimum GPA of 3.0 upon graduation. The funds may only be used toward the tuition and related expenses of an accredited four-year college or university. Disbursement of funds will be made directly to the school once the Honorship winner is enrolled and annually thereafter for three years, provided a GPA of 3.0 is maintained.
In addition, the winner will have the opportunity to receive four (4) consecutive, paid summer internships at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank while in college, beginning with the summer immediately following high school graduation. The Honorship recipient will be contacted by Warner Bros. each spring to determine which department or area of the Studio would most suit him/her during the upcoming summer.
Please note relatives of Warner Bros. employees are NOT eligible to participate in the Reach program.
Applications must be completed online by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 24, 2020. Short-listed applicants will be asked to complete a brief interview prior to the final decision. The winners will be notified in April. For more information, please e-mail Reach@WarnerBros.com.
For more information about Reach Honorships and other programs, please go to
To begin the application process, click the “APPLY NOW” link on this page, submit your resume, and complete your application profile. After completing this step, you will receive an email from AutomationManager@Brassring.com. In that email will be a link that will allow you to upload the remaining required documents (listed below) to your profile. You will not receive an email from Warner Bros. when all of your application is received, but you will be able to tell when each piece is uploaded.
- Personal statement
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Copy of transcript
- Supporting materials (via portfolio link or pdf)
- Please attach a typed personal statement of 500 words or less that describes you, your career goals in the entertainment industry, what you hope to gain from your internship experience at the Studio, and why you should be selected to receive the Honorship. Please also let us know how you learned about the Reach program – including the name of the organization or counselor who shared the information. (Please note if your statement is not specific to the Reach program your application will not be considered.)
- Please submit two (2) letters of recommendation/support (at least one must be from your academic advisor, teacher or other school official).
- Please submit your most recent high school transcript.
- Please submit a document listing the below school (high school and college information):
- Name of current educational institution
- Address of Institution
- Name of guidance counselor or administrative contact, phone number, and email address
- Date of graduation
- Cumulative GPA (9-12) Weighted/Non-Weighted
- Art and academic awards or honors
- School activities, volunteer activities or clubs
- SAT score (Critical Reading/Math/Writing) or ACT score (English/Math/Reading/Science/Writing-optional)
- Please list all colleges and universities to which you have applied. For each school listed, please include whether or not you have been accepted, denied, or if you are still waiting for a response.
- Please submit your portfolio by providing a link or uploading a pdf copy. Your submission can include drawings, paintings, photographs, or short films related to your interest in pursuing a career in animation. Please make sure to include your name and email address on all copies of any supporting materials.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.