Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Big Data/Analytics, Game Development/Publishing
United Kingdom - Wilmslow
Sep. 07, 2020
Opportunity OverviewPlaydemic, a division of WB Games Inc., are looking for a talented data scientist with a passion for mobile games and cutting edge analytics, to join our fast-paced studio.
The ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to join us on our mission to create innovative, mobile games that engage and delight our players.
You will sit at the forefront of our analytics team, working in collaboration with our games teams, to bring positive changes to our games through data. You'll have high levels of autonomy to give you the freedom to dig into the data and use your findings to dictate and direct your own projects. We really don't have much in the way of red tape, so expect to start making a positive impact on our games, right from the get-go.
- Analyse player data to proactively identify and prioritise new opportunities and optimisations.
- Be the champion of these ideas and collaborate with experts from different teams in order to make them happen.
- Design multi-variant tests to prove, tune and measure your hypotheses.
- Use your expert skills to perform complex analysis of player data.
- Be able to identify, debug and solve issues with tracking, and be meticulous about the accuracy of your reports and analysis results.
- Present your findings in a clear, concise manner, that's suitable for colleagues without expert analytical knowledge.
- Know when to employ different machine learning techniques and when to build these into production models, to close the feedback loop between our games and the analytics system. Use and tune these predictive models to help create an optimal, customised player experience, with a focus on improved key metrics.
- Leverage predictive analytical methods and models to enable us to make the right decisions now, for the future of our games.
- Be the go-to analytics expert in the studio and use your knowledge to provide advice and a data perspective to team discussions.
Your skills are wide and varied, allowing you to take on any data challenge that comes your way. If you hit a problem that your current skill set doesn't cover, you're quick to proactively seek out new knowledge and techniques to lead you to the solution. You have a passion for data science and want to use data to make a positive difference to the studio. You have excellent communication skills and are equally comfortable conversing with high-level management, as you are with members of our games teams. You have the ability to simplify complex problems, identifying the key areas of focus and targeting these in a logical and structured way. You have strong organisational skills and are happy leading projects from end-to-end, starting right from the addition of new tracking through to the presentation of findings, recommendations and predictions.
Core Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a data science role, preferably within gaming or e-commerce.
- Experience with big data technologies and a variety of database systems.
- Experience with AWS products would be a bonus.
- SQL, Python, ML.
- Quantitative, qualitative and predictive analytics skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Visualisation software such as Looker, Tableau, or similar.
- Experimental design.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and manage changing priorities.
- Creative - You are able to use your creativity to identify new opportunities and find creative solutions to problems
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we’re looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the very best people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. As such we’ve built a studio that is open, inclusive, fun and friendly. Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.
As well as offering successful candidates a competitive salary, Playdemic also has a comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme; a generous company pension and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities, discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary snacks and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!