Photojournalist Placement - CNN
United Kingdom - London
Nov. 29, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWho we are:
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
As a Photojournalist Assistant you will have the opportunity to work with CNN’s Photojournalist team filming and editing fast-breaking news events and feature stories to the highest ethical, aesthetic, editorial and technical standards. You will support the team in recording events, filming b-roll and help to set up interviews. You will learn and develop skills that allow you to have a real working practical knowledge in photography, audio, editing logistics and lighting.
- Newsgathering. Ensures that all pictures, lighting, and sound gathered are of the best quality and properly recorded. The post may involve travel and fieldwork as news and features needs dictate.
- Breaking news. You will support the setup and execution of live shots using both satellite and DNG equipment.
- Editing/DNG/Producing. You will develop your editing skills and use of DNG/Live and File Transfer Protocol capabilities in the field. Learning editorial, technical and production skills to produce content for air. Working closely with reporters and producers to understand story ideas and provide feedback to improve on these.
- Logistics. You will identify what equipment will be needed for each trip and be organized to ensure logistically that all required items are shipped promptly.
- Editorial. Have a strong understanding of the ethics of Journalism and how to best capture a story that creates a compelling visionary tale.
- A real interest in the news and current affairs an additon to a keen interest to develop technical skills in the area of Photojournalism.
- An interest in technology and current trends in the industry.
- A Passion and drive to want to be the best at what you do.
- A high degree of professionalism and being able to work with different people in a collaborative way
- Able to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
- Effective communicator
- Knowledge of other languages (desirable)
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please click here to view more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.