United Kingdom - London
Nov. 29, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWho we are:
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
This role supports the Acquisition team in buying programming for Turner’s portfolio of Kids Channels across EMEA. This is an administrative post, requiring clear communication skills, attention to detail, creative interest in children’s content and confidence with financial models and databases. As an Acquisitions intern you will assistant the department in administrative tasks including but not limited to: tracking and filing all third-party pitches, reviewing and sharing content internally, liaising with external distributors, creating Programme Acquisitions Approval Forms and other such financial documents for internal use and assisting with content delivery.
What we require from you:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good mathematical / analytical skills
- Demonstrable interest in the television channels industry and television programmes
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of the media industry and content creation business
- Confidence in liaising and communicating with a wide range of people
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please here more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.