Concept Development Researcher
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
Feb. 13, 2020
Opportunity OverviewOverall Purpose of the Role
The Researcher is a tenacious story-hunter. They work closely with the rest of the Concept Development team to research and find story examples that are editorially sound while also fitting the sponsorship brief. They must be able to uncover untold or under-told stories that are regionally relevant while also being of interest to CNN’s global audience. They must be able to succinctly summarize the story in a way that garners interest and be able to present that visually in PowerPoint or Keynote. Strong editorial judgement is an important characteristic of an effective researcher.
Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively looks for stories in regions and topics of interest
- Digs for fresh stories under a short deadline to respond to sponsorship briefs
- Must be organized, meticulous, and able to communicate stories
- Able to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once
- Must be able to understand the editorial direction of CNN’s verticals to find stories that fit both CNN and the sponsorship requirements
- Undergraduate degree in journalism or related studies
- Proven research and investigative experience
- Organized, pays attention to detail, able to multi-task on projects
- Experienced user of social media
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Collaborative, with excellent communication skills
- Technically adept
- Self-starter, innovative and creative
- Full-time role in a media environment
- Digital skills
- Some international experience/travel
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 28 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are currently based in Soho, however we are moving to new offices in Old Street in early 2020.