Harry Potter Global Franchise Development Intern - Spring 2020
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Nov. 08, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Harry Potter Global Franchise Development Intern for the Spring 2020 term for the Harry Potter Global Franchise Development department. The Harry Potter Global Franchise Development team is a corporate group based in both London and Burbank, charged with the management of stakeholders relating to the brand and delivery of a one-company, life-cycle marketing approach to the management of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts franchises globally.
This role will provide support for the Franchise Development team across various areas, including insights and strategic planning, franchise initiatives, brand marketing, digital and social media marketing and creative asset review. This intern may:
- Build and update presentations and reports, including pitch materials, strategy decks, canon reference materials and campaign recaps. This may involve liaising with Warner Bros. divisions to collate information and assets.
- Conduct trend insights and develop competitive analyses on entertainment brands.
- Manage and proofread social media content calendars, and assist in 360-degree creative asset review and approvals across Games.
- Assist in the development of quantitative research reports, including charting graphs and proofreading.
- Manage various project calendars, status reports and meeting preparation materials.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested.
What do we require from you?
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, in pursuit of an associate's or bachelor's degree, not graduating prior to April 2020.
- Pursuit of a degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Management preferred.
- Interest in career in Franchise Management or Brand Marketing helpful.
- Experience in franchise management or brand marketing is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (including charts and graphs) required.
- Strong Internet research skills required.
- Passion and/or knowledge of Harry Potter franchise.
- Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a self-motivated and flexible team player who can meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be digitally savvy and utilize multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube).
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional manner.
- Must be able to conceptualize and construct compelling presentations.