Producer 1 - Newsroom Weekday 12PM, CNN
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Nov. 08, 2019
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Producer 1 to join the Inside Politics team in Washington and work with John King.
- Working closely with the anchor, executive producer and senior producer in pitching, researching, planning, and writing show segments.
- Generating compelling and creative political segment ideas on a daily basis.
- Selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements.
- Writing and producing segments on daily tight deadlines.
- Producing segments in breaking news situations.
- Helping to research and produce Magic Wall segments.
- Extensive knowledge of politics and current events required; digital experience is a plus.
- Three+ years of broadcast political producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience required.
- Political/campaign field producing experience a plus.
- Proficient in inews.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Excellent writing and researching skills - style, language, accuracy and balance.
- Ability to think quickly during breaking news and produce segments accordingly.
- A good attitude - eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision and outstanding news judgment.
- Self-starter - ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Creative thinking-ability to find new, informative and interesting ways to present political news.