Info and Data Systems Intern - Spring 2020
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Nov. 08, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewThe Warner Bros. Television Group oversees and grows the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.’ television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution, and broadcasting.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Burbank Television Enterprises LLC seeks a Info & Data Systems Intern for the Spring 2020 term (late January - early April) for Global Insights & Analytics' Finance, Systems, Projects department. Under supervision, Intern will gain practical work experience and knowledge, while supporting the various teams within Warner Bros. Global Insights & Analytics on daily operations, as well as various info and data systems initiatives that advance our efforts, as well as the efforts of the company globally. This intern may:
- Act as a first-responder to an array of info and data systems issues, evaluate and coordinate an appropriate solution/response, and follow through to resolution as appropriate. (PCs, MACs, software, hardware, printers and peripherals, networking, wireless, audio/visual, etc.).
- Support the Consumer Insights/FanLab center, including daily operations, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance. (PCs, MACs, server, software, hardware, printers and peripherals, networking, wireless, audio/visual, telecom, etc.).
- Support various data analytics and reporting initiatives (Tableau, MS Office, SQL, etc.)
- Keep abreast of emerging media technologies and trends, and report findings.
What do we require from you?
- Currently enrolled in and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any computer science related discipline.
- Previous internships or comparable employment experience preferred.
- No previous work experience required.
- The preferred candidate will also demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Windows and Macintosh O/S.
- Microsoft Office 365 office productivity software (especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Consumer-grade multimedia entertainment options (cable/satellite, mobile media devices, IPTV, MMO, HDCP).
- Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DMZ, VPN).
- Application programming, database, and reporting environments (VBA, .NET, SQL Server, Tableau).
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to champion a project and coordinate resources from start to finish with strict attention to detail.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- A strong interest in digital media entertainment technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with a wide variety of professional staff from internal support staff to executive management, to external contractors and vendors.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment.
- Strong follow-up abilities with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as, independently.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must possess a professional mannerism.