Opportunity OverviewAbout CNN International
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 450 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialised through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviours. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. In addition, around 1,000 hours of long-form series, documentaries and specials are produced every year by CNNI’s non-news programming division, CNN Vision. CNN has 39 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource.What part will you play & what will you be doing?
CNN International is part of Turner, a WarnerMedia company.
CNN’s bureau in Delhi plays an important role in providing distinctive news coverage to our television and digital platforms. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Field Producer. This person will be expected to lead the editorial agenda in the region in terms of ideas generation and execution. The successful candidate will have an “on air” role reporting for CNN’s television channels and affiliates on the big stories impacting India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and other countries in the region. Also crucial to the role is the ability to be able to write to a high standard for our digital platforms.
The Delhi based Field Producer will research stories, sometimes report on them and at other times provide production, editorial and logistical support for senior correspondents coming into the region. In the event of breaking news, the successful candidate will play a major role in the coverage. This person will also be the primary interface between the Delhi team and the leadership in Hong Kong and Atlanta. Another crucial part of this role is to develop external relationships too – especially with the Government.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage the small team of people based in Delhi. Working with the Office Manager, the Field Producer will ensure we operate within budgets and also oversee safety in the field and in the office. He/she will commission freelance effort as and when required. What do we require from you?
The Delhi based Field Producer will be expected to travel to other parts of the world – often at short notice. This person will strictly follow CNN’s editorial practices and guidelines.
But wait, there’s more
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. At least 5 years producing in demanding, high pressure environments.
- Prior Experience / Industry: Experience managing a variety of newsgathering situations.
- Excellent command of the English language; other Asian or foreign languages are very beneficial
- Demonstrable showreel of distinctive and compelling all-platform content -TV and digital
- Have a strong understanding of digital requirements and be able to produce content to a high standard.
- Must have strong writing skills
- Camera and edit skills would be welcomed but not essential
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office products: Excel in particular
- Self-starter and team player
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Part of WarnerMedia family of Powerhouse brand
- Cool benefits such as Summer Fridays
- More Fun, Less Fear, All in Culture