Exhibitor Marketing Intern - Spring 2020
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Nov. 07, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks an Exhibitor Marketing Intern for the Spring 2020 term (late January - early April) for the Exhibitor Marketing department. The WB Pictures Domestic Dist. Exhibitor Services Dept. directs all aspects of placement of advertising materials, and promotions in theatres and liaises with WB Marketing, Exhibitor Services representatives, fulfillment vendors, and exhibitors to ensure successful execution of marketing campaigns. Interns in this group assist in the day-to-day activities of the Exhibitor Services department, including special projects as directed and will facilitate the flow of information and materials to the field. The intern:
- Assists department with day-to-day activities as directed – including copying, creation and maintenance of reports, maintenance of storeroom inventory, answer phones, work with team on website, etc.
- Handles projects and other duties as assigned by supervisors.
What do we require from you?
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university in pursuit of an associate's or bachelor's degree in Marketing, Film, Communications, English or related major.
- Previous experience working in the entertainment industry preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Word & Excel required.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and PowerPoint preferred.
- Must have strong communication & organizational skills and ability to effectively interact with personnel, clients & vendors.
- Must have knowledge of file setup, maintenance, filing procedures, basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, English usage and report and letter formats.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively & tactfully with all levels of personnel & outside sources.