Global Publicity Intern - Spring 2020
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Nov. 07, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks four Global Publicity Interns for the Global Publicity department, for the Spring 2020 term (approx. late January - early April). The Worldwide Marketing Global Publicity Department is responsible for managing all publicity for our Theatrical Releases. This internship is designed to expose students interested in pursuing careers in marketing to several facets of Publicity while giving them hands on experience assisting the Publicity team in theatrical releases. These interns may:
- Work with individuals in department on specific strategic projects pertaining to theatrical releases.
- Participate in all team meetings, brainstorming sessions, department events, screenings and other activities to gain exposure to all parts of Publicity.
- Work on specific individual projects throughout the internship which pertain to all aspects of Publicity.
- Research and respond to inquiries.
- Distribute incoming/outgoing faxes, e-mails, tapes, and other correspondence.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in pursuit of an associate's or bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university, not graduating prior to April 2020.
- Preferred students will be studying Marketing or Communications.
- Experience in an office setting or the entertainment industry preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, on the telephone, and in writing.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints, while staying organized and handling multiple tasks.