Director, Change Management (18-Month Project)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Nov. 07, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewHR Services provides payroll, travel and expense, human resources, HRIS, IT and benefits administrative services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
We are currently seeking a Director, Change Management for the HR Services Operational Excellence department. The Director, Change Management is responsible for all aspects of change strategy and management for the WarnerMedia Workday Project focused on Phase 1A scope: Corporate & Turner HCM, and Phase 2: Corporate & Turner Payroll. This individual will be expected to lead and facilitate discussions needed for change strategy and management including stakeholder impact analysis, detailed project planning, change readiness assessment, supporting training and communication activities. This position will also assess effectiveness of change through implementation and post to ensure continuous improvement (e.g., lessons learned are applied proactively to drive higher productivity).
The Director, Change Management will also foster relationships with senior internal stakeholders by establishing and maintaining exceptional business relationships and working collaboratively with other corporate and country level teams including HR, Legal, Tax, Treasury, Employee Benefits, Compensation, IT, and Finance. The Director, Change Management reports into the Global Communications & Operations Lead and the Project Manager, WarnerMedia Workday Project. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting overall program stakeholder leadership and engagement management activities.
- Defining change management strategy and detailed project plan activities (including cutover) for Phase 1A and 2 scope for the WarnerMedia Workday Project.
- Conducting stakeholder impact analysis to identify impact on processes, roles and end user organizations; providing recommendations/ perspectives regarding how to best mitigate/ address anticipated changes; conducting deeper analyses as needed to support defined scope (e.g., change impact assessments, deployment/cutover readiness, etc.)
- Developing and/ or supporting development of communications strategy and training curriculum/ content to support end-user training and operations including training materials (e.g., videos), quick reference guides, etc.; collaborating with other project team members and/or change networks to ensure change is addressed for impacted stakeholders (e.g., business counterparts, call center).
- Engaging with impacted stakeholders as appropriate to communicate shifts from the current state to the future state and to increase support and adoption for the changes. Support other project related activities as appropriate.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 8+ years of experience in change management or strategic consulting roles.
- Workday, Peoplesoft or other ERP implementation experience a plus.
- Expertise in end-to-end business processes and high level of understanding of general business operations and internal control concepts.
- Strong experience with continuous improvement (e.g., return on investment, optimization opportunities).
- Strong analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills, team player, flexible, and ability to resolve conflicts.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively anticipate problems and opportunities and confidence to use initiative to pursue solutions.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience with business practice(s) and cultures across multiple international regions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in drafting and presenting executive level presentations.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to manage complex work within tight deadlines.
- Background in managing multiple workstreams.
- Willingness to work occasional extended hours and weekends, travel, as needed.