Director, Experiential, Harry Potter Global Franchise
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Nov. 08, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Experiential, Harry Potter Global Franchise for the Harry Potter Global Franch Dev department. The Director is responsible for collaborating with Warner Bros. Divisions, The Blair Partnership (J.K. Rowling’s literary and brand management team) and our Partners to represent the fans (and thereby the franchise) on the day-to-day development of key Product initiatives for the Wizarding World (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts). This role will focus on delivering immersive fan experiences that deepen a fan’s connection to the Wizarding World stories and characters.
- Partners with Warner Bros. Divisions and The Blair Partnership on key Product initiatives across franchise touchpoints – including Games, Themed Entertainment, Content and more – from concept to development.
- Drives excellence, consistency and brand distinctiveness in the experiential expression of the franchise, in collaboration with Divisions and Partners.
- Works with VP, Product to ensure that Product strategy, development and key initiatives are on-brand and in-line with the Wizarding World Global Franchise Plan.
- Develops onboarding tools for Agencies and Partners to ensure that deliverables are delivered meticulously; on brand and of the highest quality.
- Delivers best practices and efficiencies across Projects.
- Drives on-going communication with the London-based franchise team and The Blair Partnership to foster a one team, collaborative approach.
- Creates presentations, manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum of 10+ years hands-on experience developing branded and immersive fan experiences – proven ability to harness the passion of fans and enhance the brand.
- A background in multiple disciplines – examples include experiential agencies, entertainment, sports, event operations – is preferred.
- Strong background in the development of world-class fan experiences, connecting online and offline experiences.
- Experience at a movie studio, TV production company, agency or other entertainment fields preferred.
- Must have a combination of creativity, innovation and business acumen.
- Must have a proven track-record of managing workflow to meet tight deadlines, while handling a high volume of work.
- Laser sharp attention to detail is essential.
- Capable of collaborating with numerous teams and influencing those involved toward a desired outcome.
- Must excel at creating compelling presentations, case studies and documents.
- Must be a Harry Potter Fan.
- Must be able to travel to events, trade shows and meetings in various locations.