CNN Executive Editor: The Row
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Opportunity OverviewThis is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
What will you be doing?
- Working with CNN's Senior Editorial Director, The Row Executive Editor is responsible for decisive editorial oversight of CNN's reporting, including day-to-day management of The Row, CNN's editorial oversight team.
- This is a senior editorial leadership position for all of CNN's platforms.
What do we need from you?MINIMUM:
- The Row Executive Editor is responsible for newsgroup-wide script and story approval, including complicated investigative scripts, documentaries and stories that include sensitive and controversial content.
- This position must ensure that stories meet high standards of story-telling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness and balance, while avoiding problems of libel, defamation and use infringement.
- A key part of the job is determining appropriate language on sensitive issues and developing coverage guidance for all platforms.
- This role is responsible for coordinating with the national and international desks to provide editorial management of major stories.
- This position is the key Row editorial liaison with Legal and Standards & Practices and acts as a single anonymous source approval authority.
- Additional responsibilities include weekly on-call duty, the management of the Row team, including staff scheduling oversight and training in areas of special expertise.
- Bachelor's degree + 10 years journalism experience
- Three years reporting/field producing experience.
- Two years as a senior editorial manager.
But wait, there’s more!
- 15+ years journalism experience including producing TV newscasts, magazine shows or date-to-day management of a major daily newspaper/or news website
- Five years field newsgathering experience
- Four years as a senior editorial manager
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.