Sr Cloud Engineer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jan. 14, 2020
Opportunity OverviewThe WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
This position is responsible for the architectural design, build, stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the large scale production operations platform architectures that support Turner Broadcasting System's News, Sports and Entertainment websites.
- The Senior Engineer must possess very strong technical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure with aggressive deadlines, be able to prioritize projects, and maintain focus.
- The individual must have a positive attitude, strong leadership and collaboration skills, have a passion for lean process and agile methodology, should be innovative, creative, quick thinker, fast learner, and a team player with a strong customer service focus.
- Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
- Tactful, resourceful and possess an agile, "DevOps" approach to systems engineering
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent practical work experience
- 5+ years of verifiable experience in System administration, architecture and implementation for enterprise level organizations
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Must be able to mentor and train other system engineers on architecture best practices and operations related issues
- Knowledgeable regarding emerging technologies in the digital media marketplace
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Azure
- Tools knowledge - DivvyCloud, FoxPass, AlerLogic. CloudHealth
- Security Authentication - SAML, IAM, MFA, Key rotation.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands