Director of Security Architecture - HBO Max
Information Security, Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York, Virtual - Virtual
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
Director of Security Architecture - HBO Max
- You will ensure that our products are secure against malicious threats by leading security architecture, red team and incident response for the HBO Digital Products.
- This includes driving security architecture, partnering with embedded security engineers, facilitating threat modeling, security testing, code analysis, implementing security detections and defense strategies and consulting with engineering teams on security best practices for architecture and DevOps processes.
- Lead continuous testing and remediation driven by the red team.
- Apply your technical acumen daily.
- Build threat detection rules and capabilities specific to the direct to consumer platforms.
- Partner with functions across the broader WarnerMedia CyberSecurity office.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, senior engineers and management on the Engineering roadmap.
- Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met.
- Present, communicate and advocate as appropriate and needed.
- Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team.
- Develop Team Cohesion - be able to bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team's accomplishments.
- Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers or technical roles.
- Minimum 7 years in Information Security disciplines.
- Expertise across various security disciplines such as Information security, software development, vulnerability assessments, threat analysis, incident response, threat modeling, security intelligence and forensic investigations.
- Experience as an owner of security programs.
- Strong application security skillset with solid understanding of application attacks such as the OWASP top 10.
- Active knowledge of threat intelligence and attacker tools, techniques and procedures.
- A proven track record of building and launching successful, consumer-facing software products, including 7+ years information security.
- Strong technical thinking and demonstrated ability to lead.
- Mastery of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Understanding of development practices and experience in shifting left with security controls.
- Ability to lead the development of red team attack plans.
- Master’s Degree in fields such as CyberSecurity, System Engineering or Business Administration.
- Expertise in all aspects of security disciplines: Information security, software development, vulnerability assessments, threat analysis, incident response, threat modeling, security intelligence and forensic investigations.
- Experience with mission critical 24x7 operations for consumer-facing applications/software systems.
- Experience with various project management practices; Agile Scrum, Kaban, Spiral Development or TDD.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.