Manager, Strategic Initiatives
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Nov. 08, 2019
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Strategic Initiatives team is responsible for project management of initiatives driving CNN Digital's growth, transformation and the measurement of our business. This function leads and guides the CNN Digital organization to identify, outline and address business priorities and to adopt new operating models and the needed cultural evolution required to achieve these business objectives. This team's scope is CNN Digital Worldwide and is a critical partner to all CNN Digital functions, teams and leaders. In the role of Manager, Strategic Initiatives you will be responsible for leading CNN Digital's cultural transformation through project management of CNN Digital initiatives. Additionally, you will plan and develop CNN Digital's global operational communications, presentations, business reviews, leadership initiatives and employee forums tied to our operating cadence. The discipline this function brings to the way CNN Digital gathers, informs, and identifies needs, poses solutions, makes decisions and executes solutions is critical to CNN Digital's operations.
The Manager, Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for leading, guiding and supporting the CNN Digital organization in identifying and addressing business priorities, beginning with culture, leadership and employee experience.
- Lead strategy development and continuous improvement for CNN Digitals Strategic Initiatives in close partnership with CNN Digital employees/leadership, PR, Communications and HR.
- Planning and executing short term and long-term projects to execute CNN Digital Strategic Initiatives.
- Researching, evaluating, recommending and implementing industry best practices in communications and culture change in an evolving digital media company.
- Forming strong and trusted partnerships with all employees, especial leaders, in order to drive forward key strategic initiatives.
- Holding the structure, planning, execution and leadership of key internal engagements and leadership forums for 15 -200 employees.
- Recognizing opportunities to broadly communicate strategic plans to the CNN Digital organization and building presentations, documents and other assets in support.
- Driving collaboration and transparency around the way we measure our work.
- Building and holding the structure of culture-based initiatives for both leaders and teams.
- 5+ years of experience in project management or communications or organizational development
- 5+ years of experience with business operations, research, and finance to ensure the execution in the creation of materials for key forums
- Outstanding business acumen and leadership skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Precision in the compilation and creation of written assets for executive presentation
- A desire to grow, learn, change and tackle new challenges with regularity
- An ability to step back and consider the larger strategic view of the business and provide recommendations accordingly
- Eagerness to embrace and drive culture change
- Keynote design experience
- Previous people management preferred
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.