Director, Publicity & Communications
United States - California - Burbank
Oct. 30, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.DC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic integration of these brands throughout Warner Bros. Entertainment divisions, creating content and experiences with DC stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive entertainment. DCE is also the largest English language comic publisher in the world. Its publishing business generates thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year.
DC seeks a Director, Publicity & Communications for the Publicity & Communications department.
The Director of Publicity & Communications, will be responsible for generating global publicity strategy around DC characters, stories and franchise initiatives, as well as elevating the brand profile of DC in coordination with Warner Bros. and WarnerMedia partners. This role will develop strategic executive speaking engagements, prepare key messaging and create press opportunities for members of the management team, as well as review speaking requests and help identify the best candidates. In addition, they will oversee DC Internal Communications across the enterprise, as well as keep DC employees apprised of business strategies, goals and accomplishments. This role will oversee the coordination, tracking and management of DC press coverage across, as well as media subscriptions and monitoring reports.
- Set the strategic direction of DC’s corporate reputation and media efforts, including manage DC brand publicity including trend pieces, major events, anniversaries, etc. and work in concert with teams across the studio as necessary including television, film, games, home entertainment and consumer products.
- Work with the Senior VP on global communications PR strategy for brand and franchise initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the mainstream, business and comic trade press.
- Oversee events logistics and press opportunities for publicity-focused events.
- Provide media relations support to the management and publishing teams on crisis communications.
- Lead on DC Corporate Responsibility on all IP related requests and opportunities.
- Collaborate in the development of written materials including press releases, talking points, briefing documents and press kits.
- Support senior executives in internal and external communications efforts – talking points, briefing documents and Q&As.
- Oversee speaking opportunities for company spokespeople, including communication to executives on specific requests.
- Oversee Internal Communications to build strategy and brand position to be communicated enterprise wide.
- Oversee team on company-wide clip report email.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- BA or equivalent experience required.
- Emphasis in English, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in publicity required.
- Experience in communications publicity, or public relations preferred.
- Ability to travel (domestically) approximately 30%.
- Ability to respond to off-hours business needs.