United States - California - Burbank
Oct. 29, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.DC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic integration of these brands throughout Warner Bros. Entertainment divisions, creating content and experiences with DC stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive entertainment. DCE is also the largest English language comic publisher in the world. Its publishing business generates thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year.
DC Comics seeks an Assistant Editor for the Editorial- DC Comics department. Position assists Group Editor and Editor in development and maintenance of DC comics, licensed comics, digital comics, and custom projects. Edits special titles or books as needed.
- Assists Editor with development and production of DC Comics, licensed comics, digital comics, and custom projects.
- Interacts with freelancers and various departments to ensure that the projects are moving through the appropriate departments as scheduled.
- Ensures that tipsheets, cover copy, catalog copy and other relevant materials are created and distributed on time.
- Assists in administrative duties: vouchers, trafficking of art, copies, mailing, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years work experience required.
- Online or print editorial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of comic book industry strongly preferred.
- Copyediting and proofreading skills preferred.
- Knowledge of core Comic Book mythologies and terminology.
- Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
- Proficiency in MS Office/outlook or MAC equivalent.
- Proficiency in Abobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop.