Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Social Media
United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Oct. 28, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewAvalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive!
Opportunity OverviewWB Games is looking for a Community Marketing Manager to join the development team at Avalanche. Ideal candidates are passionate about modern communication styles and mediums, connecting the community through online engagement programs, and are skilled in communication across multiple teams and studios. They should have excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of popular social platforms, and the ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities.
What part will you play?
- Author community and social daily publishing including maintenance of the brand community and social programming calendar for global use.
- Consolidate and report on worldwide community trends, topics, and sentiment.
- Closely collaborate with Burbank Content Marketing team and studio leads to create community and social channel strategy, content calendars, and set up KPIs to measure success.
- Partner with the studio team to create social messaging on owned and operated channels.
- Propose multi-region engagement initiatives to support major Brand milestones.
- Monitor existing and emerging community channels and ambassador programs.
- Closely collaborate with Burbank Content Marketing team to measure, monitor, and report on specific program performance and longer-term trends as well as other industries related to community influencer efforts.
- Develop and execute streaming programs for Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer (potentially others).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in community and social media management.
- Knowledge of brand communications, social, and gaming ecosystems.
- Analytical skills tracking community and social metrics for O&O channels.
- Community moderation in Discord, reddit, and other community platforms.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills across multiple departments.
- Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable time management, organization, and prioritization.
- Experience with cross functional team coordination.
- A passionate gamer with deep knowledge of the industry.
- Passion for and familiarity with brand communications and marketing is a plus.