Technical Game Designer Intern
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing, Internship/Trainee
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Oct. 25, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games Boston is looking for a Technical Game Designer Intern to join their Game of Thrones:Conquest mobile game team. The Technical Game Designer Intern will work in Unity and C# with 2 primary areas of focus. First, constructing tools and features to aid the design team through automating data entry and aggregation with the focus on increasing efficiency and raising data integrity. Second, crafting the player's gameplay experience through client focused implementation, iteration, and optimization. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and focus, is experienced with C#, familiar with Microsoft Excel and has a good sense of mobile game design principles.
Although coding will be a primary responsibility, game design is also an integral function of the role. This is a Spring 2020 co-op intern opening; we are not hiring for summer interns at this time.
YOU MUST LOVE VIDEO GAMES TO APPLY.
What part will you play?
- Implement design focused tools to improve workflow, efficiency, and data integrity.
- Implement UI/UX layout and backing functionality per design and art specifications.
- Analyze, investigate and optimize client UI and systems for performance.
- Manage bug queue and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with a design group and maintain positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Knowledge of C#.
- Strong knowledge of Unity.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Passion for mobile games.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Creative thinker with fresh ideas.
- Detail oriented and results driven.