Game Server Software Engineer Intern
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Internship/Trainee, Programming
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Oct. 24, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games Boston seeks an Engineering Intern, a talented and hard-working individual who is self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies. The position is a member of the Game Server team and will work on the backend for Game of Thrones: Conquest and upcoming mobile titles. This is a spring 2020 co-op intern opening, we are not hiring for engineering summer interns at this time.
Game Server is an engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting game specific backend features for our mobile gaming platform. Our platform includes game client and server technologies, analytics, performance and development tools.
What part will you play?
- Develop, maintain, and improve backend game features to support online mobile games.
- Support game client teams and help them integrate with the backend.
- Self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives.
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally.
- Coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, or a reasonable equivalent thereof.
- Experience in Go, C#/.NET, Java or Python.
- Comfortable in a Linux CLI environment.
- Bonus Skills:
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technology.
- Experience with SQL or noSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience creating web services with any tech.
- Knowledge of cloud services such as AWS or Google Compute Engine.
- Innate desire to automate all repetitive processes.