Spring 2020 Original Series Internship
United States - California - Burbank
Oct. 23, 2019
Opportunity OverviewThe Cartoon Network Story
Cartoon Network Studios is where the scheming, scribbling and real fun happens! We create original animated entertainment for Cartoon Network, the ultimate destination for cartoon fans and gamers. With shows like Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, and We Bare Bears, Cartoon Network Studios is the place to be. Check it all out at cartoonnetwork.com!
Cartoon Network is seeking driven, organized and creative interns for our Summer 2019 session! If you LOVE animation and have an interest in a career in animation or comedy development, we have an EPIC opportunity to intern at the greatest all-cartoon network in the world!
- You will assist in providing coverage for scripts, books and treatments, as well as researching talent and projects, reviewing storyboards, animatics and work prints of current shows in production.
- You will also have the opportunity to sit in on pitch meetings, voice records, as well as pitch a storyboard or series/short idea to Cartoon Network staff and execs at the end of the semester!
- Additional duties include but are not limited to converting media, organizing, filing and other various general administrative and clerical tasks.
- Special projects may be assigned.
- MUST be a rising junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university.
- Film, Television, Animation or similar majors preferred.
- Should have an interest in the development process specifically.
- Applicants should have a strong academic record (3.0 minimum strongly preferred).
- Should be able to commit 15-20 hours weekly during normal business hours.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have a great attitude!
- Be able to multi-task in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with Final Draft is also preferred.
- Previous experience providing script coverage is a plus, but not required.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands