Cartoon Network Talent Development Internship
United States - California - Burbank
Oct. 23, 2019
Opportunity OverviewThe Cartoon Network Story
Cartoon Network Studios is where the scheming, scribbling and real fun happens! We create original animated entertainment for Cartoon Network, the ultimate destination for cartoon fans and gamers. With shows like Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, and We Bare Bears, Cartoon Network Studios is the place to be. Check it all out at cartoonnetwork.com!
Cartoon Network is seeking driven, organized and creative interns for our xxx 20xx session! Have you ever wondered how an artist got their start in the animation industry or how a studio stays connected to the animation community, and supports artists who are working hard on your favorite cartoons? Do you want to spend a semester learning about animation artist recruitment and talent development?
- They will develop an understanding of the recruitment and talent outreach needs for a television animation studio on a daily basis.
- This includes gaining an understanding of the skills required for different artistic roles within the studio.
- They will have the opportunity to participate and be involved in internal and external animation industry events related to networking and professional development.
- Students will assist the Animation Talent Development Manager with a variety of tasks related to professional development of artists currently working at the studio.
- This includes assisting in updating and maintaining the announcement board, designing flyers, and assisting in planning professional development & networking events.
- MUST be a rising junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university.
- Radio/TV/Film, Communications, Sound Production, or similar majors preferred.
- Applicants should have a strong academic record (3.0 minimum strongly preferred).
- Should be able to commit 15-20 hours weekly during normal business hours.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have a great attitude!
- Be able to multi-task in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Experience with FileMaker Pro is preferred.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands