WarnerMedia 2020 Spring Intern: Technology- Cybersecurity
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 21, 2019
CSO AppSec VM team is highly involved in all technology efforts across the organization. We provide
oversight and guidance on new initiatives involving application security, application vulnerabilities
detection, analyses, tracking and remediation. Additionally, we perform incident response in the event a
significant security event occurs.
- Test and monitor security of the company in the application space
- Assist with a review of internal and external security audits findings, remediation and follow ups
- Assess severity of found vulnerabilities in the context of the application and overall risk it poses to the company
- Assist developers and SREs to understand the nature of discovered application vulnerabilities and propose suitable solution to the problem
- Assist with triage of bounty submissions
- Research and implement a new application security tools and frameworks as needed
- Engage and participate in the security community and provide useful feedback to enhance CSO program
- You have some experience in defending against attacks in a few areas of security with focus on the application security
- You know how to code in at least one programming language
- Ability to analyze and use the results of security assessments, alerts and logs
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing\\
- You are comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Must be able to work 15 hours a week from the last week of January to mid-April 2020
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Cybersecurity, Computer Science,Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- Have taken coursework related to cybersecurity and/or cryptology
- Ability to problem-solve in an environment containing frequent interruptions
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Fast-learner with excellent communication skills
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About UsIt's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.