Fast Pass Participations Lead
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Feb. 12, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Fast Pass Participations Lead for the FCRA Participations department. The Fast Pass Participations Lead is responsible for assisting the Manager, Process Improvements in running the day-to-day operations of statement preparation, review and analysis within the Fast Pass Team. This role reviews legal agreements and participation statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with contractual obligations. Along with the manager, the Lead is responsible for managing work flow and driving process improvement using analytical tools. A key component to success at the Lead level is building a dynamic team and driving process improvements to expand the capabilities of the Fast Pass Reporting Team.
The Lead is also an important constituent in ongoing cross-divisional initiatives related to system design and testing, knowledge sharing, skills training, mentorship opportunities, and special projects.
- Responsible for the review of participation statements for Theatrical, Television and Home Entertainment and Games product. This process includes confirming accuracy of all statement related information using analytical tools. Performs and/or supervises special projects, analysis and research (e.g. participant and auditor queries) as well as determining process improvement and the use of data to automate and streamline the review process. The Lead will also interface with individuals in other departments and the business units to obtain information.
- Manage day to day aspects of the team function including, but not limited to, teaching concepts and mechanics (being the first point of contact for questions), building a culture of empowerment and accountability, scheduling the release of new capabilities and assessing the impact on the work flow, and monitoring team assignments as changes are made to the processes.
- Identify improvements and enhancements related to FCRA’s participations system (aka Sylvester) and participate in design and testing. Create, standardize and improve business processes for statement preparation and review by continuing to contribute to the build out of analytical skills and tools within the team. Activities may include organizational research, process design, collaboration and negotiation to create efficient integration points, process documentation and change management implementation.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Project Management a plus.
- Minimum three years previous participations, accounting, audit or financial related experience required.
- Prior experience in participations environment strongly preferred.
- Public or private audit and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Previous entertainment industry working experience preferred.
- Experience with system implementations and testing preferred.
- Experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- Strong overall understanding of Participations, including ability to read and understand digests and abstracts of legal agreements required.
- Must have strong competency in working with multiple systems, applications including Sylvester and SAP; must be willing to learn new IT applications including data visualization and analytical reporting tools e.g. Tableau.
- Very strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills required to conceptualize issues and communicate solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required including documentation, and delivery of training materials.
- Very strong planning, and time management skills required.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and successfully negotiates through challenging situations and conversations.
- Must have ability for progressive responsibility/promotion within the organization.
- Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Must be very flexible and able to adapt and lead in a team environment that is fast-paced and changing rapidly as well as be a team player.
- Must be very detail oriented, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Strong ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel and management within and outside the division (Business Unit, Financial, Legal and IT).
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.