Senior Software Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - Washington - Kirkland
Oct. 17, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewFor the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop robust systems across our engine, but with the specific needs of our Audio department as their top priority. As Senior Engineer with a focus on Audio, you will work closely with both your Technical Lead on the Engine team and the Audio Director, along with the rest of your peers in both the engineering and audio groups to develop state-of-the-art audio technology for the next generation of XBOX and PlayStation consoles and PC. Your domain will span the entirety of our Engine, but with our Wwise integration and audio pipelines, along with game-side support for content design as your primary responsibility. Your day to day will include both optimizations of existing systems and design and implementation of pivotal new audio technology.
In addition, as part of our highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of engineering systems across the entire codebase. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project. This job will require close collaboration with the Principal Engineer, Engine on issues of technical design and your primary stakeholders, the Audio Department, during implementation and roll-out of new features.
This Senior Software Engineer will also work with Production, the Audio Director and Engineering leadership to help develop realistic schedules and identify all dependencies
- Design, author, maintain and improve systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of audio related engine and game systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- Collaborate with Audio, Design and Engineering to brainstorm solutions that satisfy audio related design, workflow and content requirements.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of audio related engine and game systems.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- Coordinate with QA, stakeholders and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming
- Experience creating tool chains/pipelines for production environments (games, video, audio, etc.)
- Experience debugging existing proprietary engine and tools based on Wwise engine (preferred)
- Strong understanding of digital audio principles, game audio development workflows, sound design, and audio technologies overall in general. (preferred)
- Must be passionate to work in a high paced creative environment and to facilitate/brainstorm innovative design principles. Experience handling streaming, memory management and multi-threading.
- Experience developing for either XBOXONE or PS4 (preferably both)
- Experience developing first or third person action games. (preferred)
- Proven ability to rapidly prototype new audio features and turn these prototypes into robust, maintainable systems.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike.
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders to generate requirements and develop designs.
- Discuss and review technical proposals with engineers.
- Communicate status and plans with producers and leads.
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Experience, knowledge and interest in audio outside of programming.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team development environment.
- Desire to build industry-leading Audio technology and ship the highest quality AAA games.