Sr Systems Engineer
Jan. 14, 2020
Opportunity OverviewThe WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for overall development and security of the Broadcast LAN infrastructure. Functions include planning for continued expansion and upgrades to the system, maintaining a close working relationship with key vendors and clients to ensure our business requirements can be met, and provide future direction for products.
- Perform preventative maintenance on infrastructure components to ensure optimal system performance.
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance of system, and provide guidance and mentoring to BIT (Broadcast IT) system specialists.
- As new business demands are placed on the system it will be necessary to upgrade and expand the hardware and software.
- New business processes may need to be designed and implemented.
- As new services come online it may be necessary to develop new ways of passing business critical data into, and out of, Broadcast LAN Infrastructure.
- Organize meetings with vendors to discuss expansion requirements.
- Work with them to design system and then work through the quotation process with them and negotiate pricing.
- Responsibility to develop upgrade plans to ensure minimal business process disruption.
- Explain to vendors the critical nature of the system and develop an upgrade/expansion plan accordingly.
- Communicate system issues and resolution to Operations, and the Maintenance group, to ensure system continues to operate as expected and required.
- Channel feedback to appropriate vendors to enhance usability and function of the system.
- Communicate the progress of issues to Operations and Maintenance.
- Maintain a close working relationship with each vendor including keeping track of any major problems/issues.
- Develop procedures for network troubleshooting, network recovery practices, and security measures to protect against network service attacks.
- Organize and facilitate upgrades that may affect other areas of the system, e.g. BIM, BIT, Automation.
- Develop training material for Operations and Maintenance.
- Research new technologies to assist in future infrastructure projects, as well as to improve existing network systems, and processes.
- Oversee network management, system integration, and monitoring systems.
- Maintain documentation regarding system routing tables, security schemes, and user access.
- Maintain/monitor network load balancing, and firewall system.
- At the level it is expected that the senior engineer has a firm working knowledge of the other areas within BLAN, e.g. Automation, BIM, and BIT.
- Develop training programs for network engineers.
- Demonstrable experience with IT, LAN, Wan Network Infrastructure, protocol equivalent database
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Cisco equipment
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Firewall equipment 5 years' experience directly related to this job
- Experience in network design and engineering
- Experience in Network MAC (Moves, Adds, and Changes)
- Experience in managing/supervising network engineers
- Project Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networks, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Security Certifications from Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco or other industry leader.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands