Senior FX Artist
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Oct. 10, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewAvalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
Opportunity OverviewAvalanche Software seeks a Senior VFX Artist. The VFX artist collaborates closely with Studio team members, project Art Directors, Content and Design Teams to conceptualize, design, create and integrate AAA Visual FX in a timely and dependable manner.
What part will you play?
- Work with other FX artists to create unique and interesting visual effects for events in our games.
- Help mentor and train upcoming artists.
- Work closely with content, world and systems designers to create unique assets.
- R&D New VFX solutions for current and upcoming games.
- Model, texture and animate and integrate 3D VFX in Maya, Houdini, and Unreal.
- Hook up VFX in game, and script complex VFX interactions.
- Debug and find solutions for issues.
- Work with and manage large amounts of data.
- BFA in 3D art, Animation or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years production experience.
- A strong sense of animation/particle timing.
- Understanding of how VFX integrate with and affect game play.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine required.
- Ability to work with various teams to achieve the required end result.
- Leadership and good communication skills.
- Experience in aspects of Maya including Modeling, Texture/UV mapping, Rigging, and Animation.
- Experience creating and controlling particle simulations in HoudiniFX.
- Play experience with a broad range of games is a plus.
- A demo reel highlighting animation and visual effects and a portfolio highlighting strong drawing skills is required.
- Experience with a scripting or programming language.
- Experience using other popular game engines.
- Applications must be accompanied by web link to work or portfolio/demo reel – digital media preferred.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.