Vice President Communications, Distribution Sales
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 10, 2019
Opportunity OverviewThe WarnerMedia Sales and International team is in search of an experienced communications leader to be based in its New York City, Hudson Yards office. Primary responsibilities for this role include setting the strategy and managing the day-to-day operations of Communications for the WarnerMedia Distribution Sales business.
The Vice President Communications, Distribution Sales will be responsible for maintaining and developing the brand awareness and the reputation of the top executives; leading Communications for traditional and digital network distribution of the WarnerMedia brands, both externally and towards employees. This will be done in close collaboration with the Vice President Communications TCM and Turner Content Distribution based in Atlanta.
In this leadership role, you will lead communications by prioritizing business communication demands and requests from varied stakeholders, and will support partner relations, stakeholder relations, negotiations between internal and external partners. Sales and International executives will look you as a strategic advisor and resident expert on all things communications.
Essential job functions
- Create and deliver the internal and external communications strategy for Distribution Sales
- Provide leadership for the team by providing clear and timely direction
- Maintain the brand portfolio narrative, enabling a loyal fan base; including speaking opportunities for execs, managing media coverage and crisis management
- Appropriately liaise and partner with internal and external stakeholders to foster positive employee relations, manage talent asks, trade outreach, communication strategies in other business units, PR Agencies in an effort to maximize enterprise wide opportunities
- Support revenue growth and engage stakeholders, drive subscriptions and facilitate new partnerships
- You will have substantial experience in leading internal and external organizational communications
- You will be a strategic thinker, highly motivated and a hands-on self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities effectively
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Substantive work in digital and traditional platforms
- You will have experience managing a communications budget
- Superior writing and negotiating skills, strong inter-personal skills and must be collaborative and team oriented
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to interact productively with stakeholders