Lead Game Programmer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Programming
United Kingdom - Manchester
Oct. 09, 2019
Opportunity OverviewAs a Lead Game Programmer at TT Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., you will report into the Head of Game Programming and be part of a dedicated and dynamic team working closely with our talented animators, artists and designers on games including our award-winning LEGO series.
You are currently working in a senior game programming position looking for the next step in your career with a strong working knowledge of programming in C/C++.
- Analyse and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game system that must be developed.
- Comply with all coding standards, ensuring the creation of high quality, performance-minded code.
- Write game specific code for levels; level / creature scripts and frontend / HUDs / in game menus and bosses.
- Work closely with other departments to create levels in accordance to game design documents.
- Correct identified gameplay bugs.
- Exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of game development.
- Regular review of code, scripting and level implementation to ensure it is of the required quality.
- Allocating tasks, schedules and bugs to Programmers.
- Assisting Head of Game Programming when required.
- Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
- Collaborate with other functions in developing the tools required to make the necessary gameplay adjustments.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Identifying and ensuring that all employee relations matters (including absence, performance and conduct) are dealt with in line with Company policies and procedures and in liaison with Human Resources.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels to cover for absence and busy periods.
- Carrying out local inductions and probationary reviews for all new starters to ensure competence in the full range of tasks they are required to undertake.
- Mentoring Programmers and Junior Programmers with direction from Head of Game Programming.
- Carrying out employee review with direction from Head of Game Programming.
- Delegating work to employees and monitoring output
- Providing / arranging any required on-the-job training and coaching.
- Work with production to identify and escalate risk.
- Approachable and friendly manner. Able to work well in a team.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
- Demonstrable experience of programming in C/C++.
- Worked at senior level or higher on at least one shipped title on mobile or console.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitments to projects / tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Ability to debug difficult problems.
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.