ELC SWAT Technical Operator
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The Job The ELC SWAT Technical Operator (TO) is responsible for all aspects of the ELC Technical Operator (TO) role that includes operating Viz Trio and Pilot graphic systems, operating cameras robotically and manually, and operating a multi-channel audio console for live/taped telecasts, presentations and pre and post productions. The SWAT TO also works in concert with editorial leadership and directors on programming needs, studio needs, set up for shows, and with reporting/following up on any equipment issues with the director, engineering and the technical operations manager. The SWAT TO is responsible for assisting the Director with creating and modifying rundown command list in control room computer automation system. The SWAT TO is a member of a self-directed work team. As a leader of the TO team they provide training and act as mentors to TO's to help further develop their technical skills and demonstrate leadership skills that allow him/her to operate independently. The SWAT TO's organize departmental SOP's and represent the group's interests with directors and the editorial team. A SWAT TO must display technical competency at CNNe with knowledge of advanced features/ procedures relating to Viz, Enco, RTS, Vinten robotics, multi-channel audio consoles and can provide in-depth equipment training. They are responsible for covering any TO schedule primarily due to, but not limited to, UTO/PTO. SWAT TO's support the departmental Manager through involvement in projects and/or initiatives, develop test and document processes, workflows and standard operating procedures. They may also be asked to represent department in planning/project meetings and lead projects and initiatives. The Daily
- Operate Audio and meet with show Director prior to production work to discuss show needs.
- Responsible for mixing and quality assurance of audio sources for live and taped telecasts, presentations and pre and post production.
- Check control room equipment prior to production work and report all issues to Director and engineering. Combo operate Viz Trio and Pilot graphic systems and Robotic Camera Operator for live and taped production work.
- Coordinate multiple show downloads to recall generated text, such as names, locations, courtesies and graphics, and over the shoulder boxes or full screens. Proof text before use to ensure accuracy and coordinate corrections with editorial staff. Will on occasion make manual updates, so typing skills must remain sharp.
- Robotic camera operation of network approved camera shots as well as shading & color balancing video levels for studio cameras.
- Support departmental Supervisor through involvement in projects and/or initiatives.
- Develop, test and document processes, workflow and Standard Operating Procedures.
- May be asked to represent department in planning/project meetings and lead projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for training new operators and provide additional & continuing training to current ops on new technology and follow up on issues that require additional training and documentation.
- Document and report all issues and equipment damage in a timely manner, communicate and escalate to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for set up of all show specific needs relating to the studio which includes but not limited to: Floor Directing, Manual camera operation, maintain MIC/IFB/studio lighting, set up of studio monitors/backgrounds/set pieces, maintain anchor desk set-up and printer needs.
- In the absence of department Supervisor, responsible for performing various duties such as schedule modifications due to UTO/PTO, programming changes, breaking news, etc.
- Participate in the annual performance evaluations of technical and editorial staff. Follow up and document technical and operational issues related to daily production processes.
- Assist ops manager to ensure client needs during day to day production.
The PerksTurner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- 1 to 3 years Control room and Studio Production Experience.
- Current knowledge and proficiencies with control room and studio technologies (audio, cameras, graphics systems and lighting. Industry experience in a live news environment.
- Experience with computerized automation news systems. Operational knowledge of control room and studio positions.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English are desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree or in lieu of, proven job experience in excess of the minimum requirements.