Associate Producer - Morning Programming, CNN
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 09, 2019
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Associate Producer for New Day works closely with show producers on several fronts. APs track, edit and publish taped elements for five hours of morning news programming. They are responsible for gathering material for segments, cut video elements and sound bites using the desktop edit system, Adobe Premiere. APs are also responsible for executing elements for live reporters during the broadcast in the control room and turning them quickly breaking news coverage . APs must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. APs are also called on to code and create banners, and all of this work is done under extremely tight deadlines. The APs work closely in the control room with writers, line producers and senior producers on choosing or producing sound bites, tease videos and VOs for live reads.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
- Must have experience with desktop editing on Adobe Premiere
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
- Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful
- Must demonstrate strong research skills
- Experience in live control room is a plus
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and working well in high-pressure situations including breaking news
- Must be digital savvy, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands