Assistant Manager, Security
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Oct. 09, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The incumbent reports directly to the Senior Security Manager. The Assistant Security Manager is responsible for executing and supervising certain security operations within the CNN Washington Bureau. The Assistant Security Manager will assist the Senior Security Manager in the short and long term planning of the security department. The Assistant Security Manager assists the Senior Security Manager in preparing operational procedures and administrative reports and ensures compliance of all WarnerMedia Global Security officers and contractors, and recommends improvements to processes, policies and procedures. The Assistant Security Manager will perform management functions relative to life safety, security staff relations, training, equipment control, scheduling, payroll, audits and inspections.
- Schedules, coordinates, supervises and reviews the work of assigned personnel in patrolling and ensuring the security and safety of WarnerMedia property, grounds, tenants and visitors.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and dissemination of work and training schedules.
- Determines and sets priorities to provide adequate security coverage at all times and manages subordinate time off requests accordingly.
- Orients, trains, evaluates the performance of and, when necessary, recommends discipline or discharge of personnel.
- Performs preliminary mediation of conflicts involving security personnel or others on property.
- Completes annual performance reviews of subordinate personnel.
- Maintains various files and records in order to prepare routine and special reports and analysis of security activities as requested by the Senior Security Manager.
- Reviews and approves incident and other reports and directs personnel to provide additional information or investigate further, as necessary.
- Must develop and maintain proficiency in the use of Company databases, physical security and web applications related to access control of the DC Bureau in accordance with Company policy and departmental procedures.
- Interfaces with the Senior Security Manager on a regular basis to ensure thorough communication and coordination with Company and department activities and immediately brings to the attention of the Senior Security Manager any circumstance or condition that may jeopardize the safety or security of the DC Bureau or its employees.
- Must work a flexible work schedule from time to time in order to assess the work habits of subordinate personnel and maintain consistency of performance across all shifts as well as in response to special events, breaking news and unusual incidents and emergencies, regardless of normal work schedule.
- Must be highly responsive to security needs of the DC Bureau. This includes responding to emails, voicemails and telephone calls in a timely manner at varying times of day, regardless of normal work schedule.
- During emergencies, may be required to respond to the DC Bureau, regardless of work schedule for the purpose of providing coordination and direct supervision of security response activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.;
- Be able to read and write effectively in order to review and complete required incident reports and perform various record keeping activities at a level normally acquired through completion of high school.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid vehicle operator's permit or license and have a responsible driving record.
- A two or four year degree in management, law enforcement or security related field is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for higher education if it includes supervisory responsibility in a law enforcement or security related field and is in excess of five years at the supervisory level.
- Professional certifications in the fields of management, security or law enforcement are a plus.
- Must be able to follow complex directions; must be able to work rapidly and make sound decisions in situations of high stress; ability to work independently with minimal supervision, communicate effectively, and work well with multiple supervisors and stakeholders.
- Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of employees, tenants, and visitors, sometimes under potentially stressful situations.
- Experience as a trainer or instructor is preferred.
- Must possess analytical skills and judgment necessary to prepare work schedules, inspect and monitor the security of WarnerMedia property, employees, tenants and visitors and prepare and critique regular and special reports. Knowledge of physical security systems, equipment and best practices is a plus.
- Must possess and maintain the highest level of ethical and legal standards, to include compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, Company policy, procedures and departmental directives, particularly as they relate to the use, possession, solicitation or sale of illegal drugs and alcohol.
- Must be sensitive to the strict compliance of subordinate personnel to these same standards.
- Must be highly skilled in written and verbal communication and proficient in the use of computer software applications and equipment commonly used in an office environment.
- Must pass the pre-employment drug screening and background investigation.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of industry standards and best practices related to physical and personnel security as well as municipal regulations governing security agency businesses and security officers in the District of Columbia.
- Must travel as required to support security and business needs related to external occurrences, including but not limited to breaking news, special events, etc.
- Work requires walking and/or standing for long periods of time, sometimes in extreme physical environments, including, but not limited to heat and cold with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work requires ability to quickly go up and down up to eleven flights of stairs, sometimes while carrying emergency equipment; ability to safely operate an evacuation chair to evacuate a disabled or injured person; ability to perform first aid and /or use CPR/AED to assist in a medical emergency.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.