Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Oct. 09, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) develops and oversees the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.’ television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution and broadcasting. Warner Bros’ content is distributed around the world by Warner Bros. Television’s Domestic and International Distribution groups.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Television seeks a Paralegal (Temp) for the TV Prod Legal Affairs department. Position will be responsible for managing and gathering information that pertains to rights research, rights analysis, rights reporting and title clearances.
- Conducts rights research and analysis, including review of copyright reports, underlying chain of title documentation, talent and other contracts and other related documents, and prepares rights memoranda and chain of title reports.
- Reviews and revises production related agreements, with supervision of production attorney, including location agreements, equipment and office leases, clip licenses, stock footage licenses, etc.
- Researches and reviews copyrights, trademark, and title clearance requests. Conduct thorough research of trademarks and internet resources and databases to provide production attorney adequate information to determine risk and usability of requested titles for projects/series.
- Serves as principal liaison to outside counsel in determining validity of work visa status in immigration matters and advise as to how best to proceed under those circumstances. Communicates with various departments of the Production to obtain work visas for performers and crew expeditiously.
- Handles matters related to minor’s contracts, including obtaining court approval and working with accounting to ensure proper withholdings for trust accounts as appropriate, on behalf of the production attorney.
- Handles special projects for SVP, Legal, including those associated with litigation.
- Responds to all unsolicited submissions received throughout the Company and its various production units.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS preferred. Paralegal Certificate or J.D. required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Entertainment experience – Network and Production preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of contract administration, copyright and trademark laws required.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and standard contract provisions.
- Familiarity with various union and guild agreements and applicable television production provisions.
- Strong research skills, and document preparation.
- Ability to draft and negotiate contracts, correspondence and memoranda.
- Ability to meet critical scheduling and production deadlines.