Game Designer, Mobile
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing, Mobile
United States - California - San Francisco
Oct. 07, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewAt WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games San Francisco seeks a Game Designer for our mobile titles.
What part will you play?
As Mobile Game Designer, you will create engaging game content — levels, RPG upgrades, ramping mechanics and more. You are where the rubber meets the road, with input and oversight from the Lead Designer, you will transform a great game idea into a fantastic video game.
Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role. Games are created by groups, and it is your job to assist the Lead Designer in making incredible game experiences for all mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
- Work closely with Lead Designer an Art Director to create content that is on-design and on-concept.
- Develop the level layout, scenario creation, prototype modeling, event scripting, entity placement, pacing, balancing and gameplay tuning.
- Assist in the development and realization of tools for the level design process.
- Build relationships on the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation.
- Update the associated game design documentation.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 3 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 1 mobile/social title.
- Unity development experience required.
- Deep knowledge of Unity and Maya.
- Strong scripting skills (LUA or other scripting languages).
- Hands-on level design/scripting/greyboxing experience.
- Art Skills a plus.
- The ability to convey game mechanics and concepts in a clear and concise way through documentation/presentation.
- Fast iteration abilities.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Great people skills where collaboration is the center of your creative world.