Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Games
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Engineering, Game Development/Publishing, Mobile, Programming
United States - California - San Francisco
Oct. 29, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewAt WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games seeks a Senior Software Engineer with full stack development experience in its San Francisco Production team.
What part will you play?
You will be developing and implementing key game systems and features, as well as integrating with internal and external libraries and services. This role will have a variety of responsibilities. The primary responsibility of the position is end to end mobile game development including backend-end development, API/Library integration and occasionally front-end development. As a seasoned Game Engineer, you will also be involved in brainstorming, design discussions, and code reviews.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help develop practical solutions that will bring our games to life. In this position you will have the opportunity to impact many areas of our games, while setting and maintaining the highest possible quality bar for yourself and the rest of the team.
- Game system / feature design & implementation / Library / Service integration.
- Review the work of other Gameplay Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
- Performance optimization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 7 years of software development experience with at least 4 years in the game industry.
- Shipped at least 2 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Unity development experience required.
- Extensive Java programming skills.
- Knowledge of C#.
- Deep knowledge of Unity including custom tool creation.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Experience with network game design and development a plus.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Passion for making games.