Staff Game Designer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing, Mobile
Oct. 07, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWB Games San Francisco seeks a Staff Game Designer to join our Design team. As Staff Mobile Game Designer, you will create engaging game content and design major features. You are where the rubber meets the road, with input and oversight from the Director of Design, you will transform a great game idea into a fantastic video game.
What part will you play?
Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role. Games are created by groups, and it is your job to assist the Director of Design in making incredible game experiences for all mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
- Work closely with Director of Design and other disciplines to create content that is on-design and on-concept.
- Write specifications and design features fitting to the vision and quality bar of the game.
- Proactively improve the design process including the ideation or creation of design tools.
- Collect feedback from all disciplines ensuring feature design can be built efficiently and taking into account technical and artistic limitations.
- Update the associated game design documentation.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 5 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 1 mobile/social title.
- Unity development experience required.
- The ability to convey game mechanics and concepts in a clear and concise way through documentation/presentation.
- Fast iteration abilities.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Great people skills where collaboration is the center of your creative world.
WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.