Staff Game Designer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing, Mobile
United States - California - San Francisco
Oct. 07, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewAt WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games San Francisco seeks a Staff Game Designer to join our Design team. As Staff Mobile Game Designer, you will create engaging game content and design major features. You are where the rubber meets the road, with input and oversight from the Director of Design, you will transform a great game idea into a fantastic video game.
What part will you play?
Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role. Games are created by groups, and it is your job to assist the Director of Design in making incredible game experiences for all mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
- Work closely with Director of Design and other disciplines to create content that is on-design and on-concept.
- Write specifications and design features fitting to the vision and quality bar of the game.
- Proactively improve the design process including the ideation or creation of design tools.
- Collect feedback from all disciplines ensuring feature design can be built efficiently and taking into account technical and artistic limitations.
- Update the associated game design documentation.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 5 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 1 mobile/social title.
- Unity development experience required.
- The ability to convey game mechanics and concepts in a clear and concise way through documentation/presentation.
- Fast iteration abilities.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Great people skills where collaboration is the center of your creative world.