Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Dec. 02, 2019
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Technology seeks a Specialist, Localization for the Content Technology & Ops – Global Localization Department. This position is part of a high functioning global team responsible for localizing Warner Bros. content, including some of the biggest franchises in the world; Wizarding World, DC Universe, Looney Tunes. The group covers film, television, games, AR/VR and short form content as well as a variety of marketing materials.
The Specialist, Localization is responsible for localization of content, develops strategies to support clients while adapting to a fast-changing industry and new technologies. This role is also responsible for identifying opportunities for innovation, process improvement and implementing change.
- Maintains relationships and coordinates activities across WB Technology, Sales & Marketing, Anti-Piracy, localization vendors and 3rd party clients to ensure a high level of client satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Manages communication relating to day-to-day operational activities.
- Works closely with clients and business partners to ensure localization efforts match expectations.
- Supports localization efforts across a portfolio of shows.
- Responsible for dubbing, subtitling, and title work, balancing content maker’s original creative intent with local cultural sensitivities.
- Reviews materials and provides creative and technical direction to localization vendors.
- Implements and manages:
- Project Briefs
- Creative Briefs
- Intellectual Property management
- Oversees Quality Assurance processes.
- Manages vendor assignments and capacity, supervises successful deliveries as well as rejections / issues and compile/update SLA documents for each vendor.
- Develops new initiatives / workflows that support new business models and repurposing of materials for downstream use.
- Engages with and implements new technologies to further improve localization efforts.
- College preferred, with emphasis on language translation, film or related area.
- Minimum 3 years in production / localization; extensive experience with localization preferred.
- Experience with physical and digital workflows .
- Proficiency in project management Tools, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Project management skills / experience preferred.
But Wait, There’s More!At WBT we look for members who want to:
- Be Curious: Seek out opportunities to learn, and who aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Own It: Be the driver, and take accountability.
- Embrace Change: The technology landscape is ever changing – we’re looking for people who are ready to change along with it.
- Be Courageous: We aren’t afraid to speak up, have honest conversations, and do what’s right.
- Respect: Show empathy and respect to all, and operate with the best intentions.
- Live the #WBLife: At WBT we look for team members who want to “Contribute to Our Community".