United States - New York - New York
Jan. 14, 2020
Opportunity OverviewThe Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram,Twitter and Facebook
The Revenue Analytics team developed a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Platform to unlock Turner's digital ad data and drive revenue growth for Turner's world class digital properties. The next phase of development will focus on building machine learning based products (e.g., forecasting tools, first-party audience segments) leveraging the existing data platform. The Senior Data Analyst will lead the development of these new capabilities in partnership with stakeholders in Product Management, Engineering, Revenue Operations, and Ad Sales.
- Analyze Turner's digital ad sales inventory, audience, and monetization data that will uncover new insights and business opportunities.
- Build compelling data visualizations to communicate data-driven insight.
- Develop machine learning models to help answer business questions and to create new data-driven capabilities.
- Work closely with business stakeholders (Business Operations, Sales, Yield, etc.) to identify data-driven solutions for the digital ad sales business.
- Build data-driven solutions using best in class cloud computing technology.
- Partner with Data Engineering to develop data pipelines for onboarding, transforming and exposing new data sources.
- To be successful in the role, you'll need to be intellectually curious, detail-oriented, open to new ideas, and possess a strong aptitude for quantitative methods
- The role requires a strong statistical background, familiarity with modern data warehouses, experience with SQL-like tools, and knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., python)
- Experience with predictive modeling or machine learning a plus (e.g., data science, data mining)
- 1+ years of analytics experience
- Experience working with Python, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Experience working with machine learning packages (Spark ML, Scikit-learn)
- Experience working with Looker a plus - Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Preference for prior technology or media company experience
- Prior experience with AWS is a plus
- Ability to partner with various teams (non-technical to technical)
- Bachelors' degree preferred (Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.