Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Engineering, Game Development/Publishing
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Oct. 03, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
WB Games Boston seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile for its Needham, MA development studio. In this position, you will have a hands-on role in defining and implementing key game systems and features for our mobile title Game of Thrones: Conquest as well as future titles.
What part will you play?
- Design and implement gameplay features and prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts.
- Assist with general game development including UI, SDK integration, bug fixing and optimization.
- Contribute to best practices on software development, game design, features, and tools.
- Review the work of other mobile engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
- Work closely with other team members and take technical feedback.
- 5+ years of game industry experience.
- Strong experience with mobile development and shipping products on iOS and Android.
- In depth knowledge of Unity3D, specifically for mobile game development.
- Strong C# programming skills and a practical knowledge of common data structures and software design practices.
- Experience with client technologies, user interface development, event driven architecture
- Experience building asynchronous or synchronous multiplayer games.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to work unsupervised and assist other engineers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- You've worked with and enjoy playing mobile games.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and microservices.
- You’re comfortable working on server and client code.
- Experience optimizing Unity for mobile games.
- Experience working with render pipeline and shaders.