HR Systems Analyst
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Oct. 08, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewHR Services provides payroll, travel and expense, human resources, HRIS, IT and benefits administrative services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a HR Systems Analyst for the HR Services Workforce Administration department. The HR System Analyst role will be responsible for supporting and enhancing HR Technology platforms with Workday being the primary system, plus BrassRing, and home-grown systems. This role will serve as a subject matter expert regarding improving system processes, upholding data integrity standards, understanding and manipulating HR data, maintaining integrations, and overseeing system configurations. This role will also support WFA team in processing employee transactions in both Workday and OTA, and participate in any projects including WMG integration, Total Rewards Planning, Union Rate Increase, Mass Onboarding/Offboarding, etc.
- Propose, document, and implement new or revised processes to improve data integrity and promote the consistent use of data within HR Systems.
- Maintain data integrity and observe data for inconsistencies by regularly auditing reports.
- Identify opportunities to enhance HR Systems through new functionality and/or improved processes.
- Partner with stakeholders (e.g. IT, Payroll, SMEs) to support HR systems by researching and resolving system issues, reviewing unexpected results or process flaws and recommending solutions.
- Provide Tier 2 support for Employee Experience Team for system functionality questions or issues.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of system upgrades. Collaborate with HRIS Team, IT, Payroll, and SMEs to coordinate application of.
- Responsible for regulatory reporting requirements including supporting local sites in creating reports to meet the needs of local regulations.
- Process imports to HR system. Review import requests for outliers, potential errors, and consider any pending or future requests that may be affected.
- Cultivate strong relationships with other functional areas and develop a deep knowledge of the business and HR's role within it.
- Back up WFA team with HR transactions as needed; Audit HR systems to ensure correct information has been input and processed.
- Serve as backup for Workday reporting and analytics resource, and ensure optimization of all current and new operational reports.
- Support other HRS projects as needed.
- Bachelor or higher degree in engineering or quantitative discipline, or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- 2-5 years of Workday Experience.
- A broad understanding of the Workday platform (business objects, organizations, tenant setup, integrations, etc.)
- Experience with transactions, understand employee lifecycle in Workday and up/downstream data flow.
- Experienced at gathering requirements and configuring to those requirements in Workday.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR systems and tools.
- Solid understanding of global Human Resources functions.
- Ability to document requirements and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively while demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Ability to produce accurate work under pressure with frequent deadlines.
- Strong information seeking skills and a commitment to make things happen.
- Takes initiative and ownership to ensure successful outcomes.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, especially with virtual teams.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of systems and analysis is highly desired.
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Understands the functional and technical details, but can think strategically.
- Can be effective across disparate environments and work teams.
- Ability to manage priorities across different projects.
- Advanced skills in data analysis using database, spreadsheet, reporting software.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment. Able to identify needs, develop a plan of action and implement.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-starter who can think creatively and look for/develop elegant & viable solves for real world problems.
- Utilize discretion and judgment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Desire to constantly improve and learn.
- Ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed data analysis.
- Must be a supportive team member as an active participant and contributor.
- Must have an exploratory mindset.
- Must be solution oriented with the flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast-paced, high pressure, high volume environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail (excellent quality of deliverables).
- Must have the ability to tailor communication and messaging with varying levels of the organization.
- Must be able to reason through issues and resolve problems and work well under time constraints.
- Must be a team player and be flexible.
- Must be a motivated, confident self-starter.