United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Oct. 09, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
META is the group behind the content production systems that are being used daily by our global news gathering operation. Our focus is to give our news partners the tools they need to tell each and every story our viewers see on every device. The META product team is focused on being responsive to the needs of the business and providing them with the award-winning applications that allow them to find, record, edit, and archive content. We are looking for Product Owners that share a passion for news and video distribution. By joining our team, you will have a hand in CNN’s daily operation, so if that’s interesting to you, please apply!
This leader of people is also a technical contributor of the META Build & Release Engineering team which is responsible for implementing and supporting tools and crafting best practices related to the building, releasing, deploying, and configuring of both internally developed applications as well as third-party applications.
- The leader is responsible for working closely with our development and infrastructure partners to ensure the team is keeping abreast of the goals and standards of these partner organizations and properly prioritizing the activities of the team to align with these needs.
- The Manager of the Build & Release Engineering team is responsible for first line supervisory duties such as time professional development, time sheet approvals, time off management, and performance reviews.
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of systems administration/engineering, configuration management/DevOps, or application development experience - preferably a combination of two or more of the listed disciplines
- 5+ years experience delivering distributed systems that perform critical business or operational functions in a high availability environment
- Experience with our configuration management technical stack is a plus: Chef, Jenkins, Gradle, JFrog Artifactory
- Experience supporting/deploying applications using the following technical stack: VMWare, Amazon Web Services, Linux, Windows, Java, Node.js, Ruby, Scala, Erlang, Redis, Mongo, Oracle Experience with writing scripts using: Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience supervising a small team of technical staff is highly desirable
- Ability to lead and mentor across teams where no reporting relationship exists
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands